1. What was the “important question” with which Kevin Pendergrass opened this lesson on the Book of James (and that served as the focal point of his remaining comments)?
2. In James 4:14, to what did James compare a human life?
3. In James 4:15, what did James urge us to say when we are making plans to do something?
4. What important point is made in James 4:17?
5. In Genesis 4:1-15 two men are mentioned. Which one of those two men left behind a bad example—and why?
6. According to Hebrews 11:4, one of the two men mentioned in Genesis 4:1-15 “being dead, still speaks.” Who was that man, and why does he “still speak” to us today?
7. Acts 12:21-24 tells of a man during New Testament times who had set a bad example. What was his name, and why did he leave us with a bad example that we should not follow?
8. Acts 1:25 mentions a man in New Testament times who left a bad example. What was his name, and what did he do that set a bad example?
9. In Luke 12:16-21Jesus told His disciples a parable. Who was the subject of that parable, and what had the person in the parable done that had set such a bad example?
10. What important message for us today is found in Luke 12:21?
11. Who (or what) does Hebrews 10:25 condemn?
12. In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 Paul mentioned two groups of people who will spend eternity in Hell. Explain who composes each of those two groups.
13. From Acts 24:25 we learn that Paul was speaking to a certain person about three important topics. What was the person’s name, and what were the topics?
14. From Acts 26 we learn that Paul was speaking to a certain person about the Gospel. What was the person’s name?
15. According to Acts 26:28, what was the person’s reaction to Paul’s message?
16. What important topic was Jesus Christ discussing in Mark 9:42-48?
17. In Luke 16:19-32 Christ discussed the eternal destiny of two individuals. Who were they, and what were their destinies?
18. In Matthew 7:13-14, what reminder did Jesus offer us?
THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST, 607 McLish Ave., Ardmore, OK 73401; (580) 223-3289; www.thegospelofchrist.com