1. When, in Colossians 2:23, the apostle Paul wrote about “self-imposed religion,” what was he discussing?
2. According to Romans 10:17, when we do something “by faith,” what is the ultimate standard our action(s)?
3. While Paul was in Athens, he came across some people whom he described in Acts 17:22. How did he describe them?
4. In Joshua 24:15, what did Joshua urge the Israelites to do?
5. According to Paul’s assessment in Romans 10:2, the Israelites of whom he spoke had zeal, yet lacked another trait. What was it?
6. In Romans 10:3 Paul mentioned three characteristics that applied to the Israelites. What were those three characteristics?
7. In Isaiah 48:1-2 the prophet Isaiah spoke of certain people who “swore by the name of the Lord,” and “made mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth or in righteousness.” What did Isaiah mean by such an assessment?
8. According to John 17:17, what is the ultimate source of truth?
9. According to John 8:32, what is one thing that truth can do for us?
10. When the prophet Jeremiah said, in speaking of how certain people viewed God, “You are near in their mouth but far from their mind” (Jer. 12:2), what did he mean?
11. In 1 Kings 12:17-28 we read of a certain king who did things that were not pleasing to God. Who was that king?
12. What did the king (mentioned in 1 Kings 12:17-28) do that displeased God?
13. What does 1 Timothy 2:11-14 prohibit?
14. What do Colossians 3:16 and Ephesians 5:19 tell us that we are to do?
15. In 2 Timothy 4:3 Paul spoke of people who would “have itching ears.” In verse 4 he then explained where such an attitude would lead. What did Paul say would happen as a result of such an attitude?
16. According to Jeremiah 10:23, what can man not do?
17. What, according to Proverbs 18:2, are two characteristics of a person whom the Bible refers to as “a fool”?
18. According to John 4:24, how must we worship God?
THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST, 607 McLish Ave., Ardmore, OK 73401; (580) 223-3289; www.thegospelofchrist.com